- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Arlington National Cemetery has been evacuated as authorities respond to a bomb threat.
The cemetery said on its social media pages late Wednesday morning that all families, visitors and employees had been evacuated safely from public buildings and work areas. The threat was being investigated.
The cemetery says it will be closed to the public for the rest of the day, but open for funeral attendees and family pass holders.
No further details were immediately available.
Hundreds of thousands of service members, veterans and their families have been laid to rest in the cemetery just outside the nation’s capital.
#UPDATE: As of 1 p.m., we are closed to the public the rest of the day (Aug. 22). We are open to funeral attendees and family pass holders. https://t.co/gU5XSGeXVg
— Arlington National Cemetery (@ArlingtonNatl) August 22, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Lin-Manuel Miranda Launches Theater Directory Aimed at Increasing Backstage Diversity
Van Cleef & Arpels
Marlene Dietrich’s Iconic Van Cleef & Arpels Ruby and Diamond Bracelet Sells for $4.5M
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
New Spider-Man Book Reveals Exclusive Concept Art Behind Hit Film
Jodie Comer Stops Her Broadway Show, Citing Difficulty Breathing Due to NYC’s Air Quality; Other Shows Also Affected