- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office is reviewing a case of alleged rape against Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter, authorities confirmed Thursday to The Hollywood Reporter.
The case was presented by the Santa Monica Police Department on Tuesday.
A police report was filed against Carter in February for alleged sexual assault.
Authorities would not comment on who filed the complaint but said at the time it was being looked into by that department’s criminal investigations unit.
Around the time news broke of the report being filed, singer Melissa Schuman posted a tweet in which it appeared she was the victim. “I’m finally doing what I thought I could no longer do,” she tweeted on Feb 7. “I’m filing a police report #timesup #bebrave #bethechange #metoo thank you @RAINN [the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network] for empowering me to take this step.”
Months prior, she accused Carter of rape in the early 2000s, when she was 18.
Carter has vehemently denied the accusation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day