- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Caitlyn Jenner has been named the “most fascinating person” of 2015 by Barbara Walters on her annual ABC special, which aired Thursday.
Jenner’s name topped a list that included Amy Schumer, Bradley Cooper, Tracy Morgan, Misty Copeland, Bernie Sanders, Donna Karan, Ronda Rousey, Jeff Bezos and Donald Trump.
“If you found yourself unable to take your eyes of Caitlyn Jenner this year, you weren’t alone,” said Walters. “Through her own transformation, [she] transformed society this year and that, for us, makes her the most fascinating person of 2015.”
Walters cited Jenner’s bravery in publicly announcing her transition from a man to a woman and being a voice for the transgender community and enlightening the pubic on transgender issues. “She became a champion for people who had long been pushed to the margins of society,” said the former View host.
The Olympian, formerly Bruce Jenner, came out as Caitlyn on Diane Sawyer’s April 20/20 interview, which drew more than 20 million viewers. THR reported that Jenner and Sawyer will reteam in 2016 for a one-year follow-up.
Jenner joins the likes of past honorees Jackie Onassis, Princess Diana, Hillary Clinton and Amal Clooney as the “most fascinating person” of the year. Watch the clip below.
there’s no secrets.””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day