- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Los Angeles radio station said former Brady Bunch star Susan Olsen has been fired after she got into an online confrontation with openly gay actor Leon Acord-Whiting.
LA Talk Radio was launched in 2008 by entrepreneur Sam Hasson.
The digital station said Friday that it will not tolerate hateful speech and that it has severed ties with the host.
Us Weekly reported Acord-Whiting criticized the co-host of Two Chicks Talkin‘ Politics after he was a guest on the show.
Olsen, who played Cindy Brady on the 1970s TV show, posted on her Facebook page that Acord-Whiting blocked her “before I could even get one hit in.”
Acord-Whiting later posted a screenshot of a Facebook message he says Olsen sent to him. In the screenshot, Olsen appears to call the actor an offensive term for gay men.
LA Talk Radio on Friday posted a notice on its Facebook page in response to the incident. The post did not mention Olsen by name, but multiple reports have cited the Brady Bunch alum as the host in question.
“LA Talk Radio takes pride in its close and collaborative relationship with the LGBT community, and will continue to provide a home for those who have hopeful and positive messages of togetherness and tolerance to share with our listeners,” the statement read.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day