- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anna D. Shapiro’s staging of the John Steinbeck novella — which tells the tragic story of two itinerant workers seeking new opportunities in Depression-era California — stars James Franco, Chris O’Dowd, Leighton Meester and Jim Norton. The 19-week limited engagement (from April 16 to July 27) broke the Longacre Theatre’s house records and recouped its $3.8 million capitalization within 12 weeks. O’Dowd nabbed a Tony nomination as the gentle giant, Lennie.
The hit play will screen in over 700 cinemas across the U.S. and Canada as part of London’s National Theatre Live series and be distributed through BY Experience and Fathom Events. Tickets are now available, with additional screening dates to be announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Women in Entertainment 2022
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever