- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Casey Kasem‘s older children have asked a judge that the late DJ’s remains be returned to the U.S., The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The bitter feud between Kasem’s family and his widow, Jean Kasem, continues, with his kids from his first marriage filing legal documents to force Casey’s body to be brought back to the U.S. from Norway, where it has resided since August. Casey died on June 15 at the age of 82 after a battle with Parkinson’s disease.
Reps for Casey’s daughter Kerri Kasem confirmed to THR that the paperwork has been filed.
Jean had previously stated she intends to bury him in Norway because she is part Norwegian and wants to live there, but the kids allege that his body has been rotting away and has not even been embalmed.
Norwegian authorities had previously denied Kasem’s family’s request to return the body to the States.
Casey was married to first wife Linda Kasem from 1972 to 1979, and they had three children, Mike, Julie and Kerri. Casey married Jean in 1980, and they have one daughter, 24-year-old Liberty.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day