- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Turnout … or not?
Lena Dunham, Natasha Lyonne, Whoopi Goldberg and Darren Criss might have told you to vote in the midterm elections, but it doesn’t mean they did it themselves, according to the Washington Post. The actors didn’t vote in the 2010 midterms, reports the Post.
The Girls and Orange Is the New Black stars joined Lil Jon in an irony-filled, liberal-leaning Rock the Vote PSA last month. At least five of the celebrities appearing in it — including Rich Kids of Beverly Hills star E.J. Johnson — apparently rocked, but did not actually vote in, the midterms.
Midterm elections are notorious for low voter turnout, and celebrities are no exception. The 2014 midterm elections are Tuesday.
“The Washington Post was unable to locate voting records for six others who appeared in the PSA, including Lil Jon,” reporter Hunter Schwarz writes in the Post.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day