- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
This could be the golden ticket for some up-and-coming thespians.
The London theatrical production of Charlie and the Charlie Factory is holding open auditions for Oompa Loompa roles, according to U.K. publication Blasting News.
This will mark the first time ever that the Warner Bros. musical — which opened at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane in June 2013 — has held an open casting. The auditions for the orange-skinned, green-haired characters begin Oct. 26.
The production is looking for performers over 18 with a dance background, along with facial and character abilities. The male candidates should be between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall, while the female applicants are to be between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 8 inches tall.
The new Oompa Loompas will join the cast for the 2016-2017 production company. Roald Dahl‘s 1964 book of the same name has previously been adapted into 1971’s Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, followed by a 2005 Tim Burton-directed version.
Warner Bros. did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day