- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christina Applegate stars as Meryl Streep in Funny Or Die’s new video. The trailer for the fake Lifetime biopic “Meryl” shows Applegate doing a very poor job of acting as Streep.
In this “stunning new portrait of the greatest actress of our time,” Applegate reprises Streep in her most well-known movies like Kramer vs. Kramer, The Devil Wears Prada, Mamma Mia and Doubt.
The video mocks Applegate, saying “Critics agree, Christina Applegate was the wrong choice to play Meryl.”
“Honestly, it’s like she’s not even trying,” says the commentator.
The voiceover later tells the audience that the creators of the film “kind of struggled to find dirt on Meryl” so they “made things up.”
Fake Meryl gets upset when it seems she may not have received an award nomination, but of course that didn’t happen because Meryl Streep gets all of the award nominations.
Watch the funny trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day