- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s the end of an era. Cindy Crawford has announced she’s retiring from the modeling industry after she turns 50 on Feb. 20. The admission was made in United Airlines’ February 2016 issue of Rhapsody Magazine that she will “maybe not say goodbye, but move on” from her iconic career.
This comes on the heels of her latest job: A sexy new campaign for Balmain’s spring/summer 2016 collection that also starred fellow glamazons Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer. The model told the magazine, “I’m sure I’ll have my picture taken for 10 more years, but not as a model anymore. And that’s OK. I’ve done it. I’ve worked with all these incredible photographers. What else do I need to do?”
Although Crawford is stepping out of the spotlight in an official capacity, her fans always have her recently released book to reminisce with. And then there’s her daughter, Kaia Gerber, whose mini-me looks are so close to her mom’s that at just 14 she’s already set to be quite the modeling force.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day