- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Former teen idol David Cassidy has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident and driving with an expired tag after a crash in Florida last month.
The Sun Sentinel quotes police as saying that the 65-year-old Cassidy sideswiped a truck and then tried to cover his license plate before driving away with a flat tire. The charges were filed on Wednesday. Authorities said witnesses identified Cassidy as the driver in a photo lineup.
Cassidy’s lawyer, Jason Forman, says the police report is riddled with inconsistencies. He says Cassidy gave police his driver’s license and registration before leaving the scene. A hearing has been scheduled for Oct. 27.
Cassidy, who starred in The Partridge Family television show, lives in Fort Lauderdale. He filed for bankruptcy earlier this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Studios Home Entertainment