- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Geffen has purchased Courtney Sale Ross’ East Hampton estate for just over $50 million, reports Page Six. The mega estate, located on an ultra-exclusive private lane between Georgica Pond and the ocean, was originally listed for $75 million last year.
Geffen reportedly paid in the low $50 millions for the 5.5-acre estate that includes a 7,500-square-foot, seven-bedroom main house, a three-bedroom guest house and more than 460 feet of frontage directly on Georgica Pond. There is also a dock, a pond-facing swimming pool and the ability to subdivide the grounds into four separate parcels. Neighbors include Steven Spielberg, Kelly Klein and Harry Macklowe.
This marks the second major real estate sale for Ross of late. In 2012, the philanthropist and widow of late Time Warner CEO Steven Ross, sold her mega-duplex in Manhattan’s 740 Park for a then-record-breaking $52.5 million.
The purchase comes amid another potential Hamptons real estate deal. Page Six also reports that Christie Brinkley may soon put her 21-acre Tower Hill estate, designed by architect ex-husband Peter Cook, on the market. The Bridgehampton property has been on and off the market for several years with a $30 million price tag.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day