- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has filed for divorce from his estranged wife of nearly 60 years.
His attorney Bobby Samini says Wednesday the papers were filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court roughly two weeks before their 60th anniversary.
Donald Sterling is suing his wife and the NBA in federal court over the $2 billion sale of the team.
She negotiated the deal with ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer after doctors found Donald Sterling incompetent to handle his business affairs.
The couple had testified at a trial earlier this year about their enduring love for each other, displaying cards they gave each other for anniversaries and birthdays.
While Shelly Sterling acknowledged marital problems, she said the couple never separated even though she had divorce papers drawn up.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day