- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Claire Danes and Hank Azaria are joining John Krasinski in the play Dry Powder, the Public Theater announced Thursday.
Described as a reflection on the price of success as viewed through the people molding and messing with the American economy, the play will begin previews March 1 and has been extended to run through May 1.
Penned by Sarah Burgess and making its world premiere, Dry Powder stars Krasinski as Seth, the managing director of a private equity firm who engineers a fix to rescue his boss (Azaria) from an embarrassing public relations nightmare after his extravagant lifestyle is held up for scrutiny against the mass layoffs he triggered at a national grocery chain. However, Seth discovers that his female counterpart, Jenny (Danes), has other, more ruthless plans for the struggling company acquired as part of the firm’s image rehab.
Sanjit De Silva rounds out Dry Powder‘s cast.
The off-Broadway production will be staged by Thomas Kail, hot off directing the musical smash Hamilton, which played a sold-out extended premiere run at the Public earlier this year and has since transferred to Broadway, generating ecstatic reviews and stellar grosses.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day