- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (AP) — Former Saved by the Bell actor Dustin Diamond will start serving his four-month jail sentence for an altercation at a Wisconsin bar with work release in January.
WISN-TV and WITI-TV report that Diamond appeared in Ozaukee County court on Wednesday and withdrew his appeal of a disorderly conduct conviction. The sentence begins Jan. 15.
Diamond, who played Screech on the 1990s TV show, was convicted in June of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He was cleared of a felony. He was to start jail during the summer, but a judge stayed the sentence pending his appeal.
Diamond testified he was trying to protect his girlfriend when he pulled out a pocketknife at the Port Washington bar last Christmas Day.
Port Washington is 25 miles north of Milwaukee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
valentine's day gift guide