- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“On a sunny Monday morning, at 8:13AM, we welcomed our daughter into the world,” the Shameless actor announced on Instagram alongside several pregnancy pictures, one with the Mr. Robot creator, on Tuesday. The child is Rossum’s and Esmail’s first together. The pair have been married since 2017.
On her Instagram stories and in an additional Instagram post, Rossum shared more images of her pregnancy, which she had not previously revealed before Tuesday. Rossum’s name was trending on Twitter, as a result, later in the day.
Rossum is next set to star in the Peacock series Angelyne, based on The Hollywood Reporter‘s 2017 investigative story about the L.A. icon and executive produced by Esmail, which released a trailer last year. Rossum left her starring role on Showtime’s Shameless, which she had appeared in since the series began in 2011, in 2018. The long-running show concluded in April 2021.
Esmail, meanwhile, is set to reboot Battlestar Galactica for Peacock and has set up an adaptation of Rumaan Alam’s book Leave the World Behind, starring Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington, with Netflix.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day