- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
South by Southwest on Thursday announced FBI director James Comey will address the portion of its festival focusing on interactive technology.
He will be a featured speaker in Austin, Texas, on March 13. Comey currently is under a U.S. Justice Department inspector general’s investigation for an FBI probe into emails linked to Hillary Clinton’s private email server.
In July, Comey announced that the FBI wasn’t recommending criminal charges for Clinton. But, just 11 days before the election, he divulged that the FBI discovered new emails that could be relevant to that investigation.
Comey later said the FBI wasn’t changing its July recommendation, but Clinton supporters blamed the incident for costing their candidate votes.
President Donald Trump has asked Comey to remain in his post for the remainder of a 10-year term expiring in 2023.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day