- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the March 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Eco-friendly fashion was on the menu at a Feb. 19 bash at Chateau Marmont to toast Suzy Amis Cameron’s Red Carpet Green Dress campaign and introduce a line of dresses by Reformation, sales of which benefit Cameron’s MUSE School in Calabasas, Calif. But it was the food at the environmentally focused private school (a nonprofit) that she and hubby James Cameron wanted to discuss.
“In the fall of 2015, MUSE will be the only school we are aware of that is completely plant-based,” said Suzy before James jumped in to finish her sentence: “Plant-based eating — meaning the meals that are served at Muse will be 100 percent plant-based. The average person would say vegan, but we say whole food, plant-based. It’s about raising kids who don’t think it’s strange or exotic or worthy of a pat on the back to be doing the right thing for the living biosphere.”
Suzy Amis Cameron teamed with her sister, Rebecca Amis, to launch the MUSE School in 2006. The nonprofit educates children from age 2 through high school on two campuses.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day