- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Authorities in Blackpool, England are on the hunt for a robber who noticeably looks a lot like actor David Schwimmer.
Fans of the classic sitcom Friends made the comparison immediately after the suspect’s picture was posted online by police for a crime that occurred in September.
The social media post — serious in nature — kicked off a string of jokes about Schwimmer’s character, Ross Geller, falling on hard times.
The post, which went up Tuesday, already has been shared more than 73,000 times and has over 114,000 comments — most of them jokes.
The post was so overwhelmed with Friends jokes, the Blackpool police even weighed in, commenting on the post: “Thank you to everyone for your speedy responses,” they wrote. “We have investigated this matter thoroughly and have confirmed that David Schwimmer was in America on this date.”
They even had a little Friends fun, adding, “We’re so sorry it has to be this way.”
On Wednesday, Schwimmer even got in on the fun, tweeting out a little surveillance video of his own along with “Officers, I swear it wasn’t me. As you can see, I was in New York. To the hardworking Blackpool Police, good luck with the investigation. #itwasntme.”
— schwim (@DavidSchwimmer) October 24, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day