- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Good Morning America co-anchor George Stephanopoulos and wife Alexandra Wentworth have purchased a 10th-floor apartment in the Lenox Hill co-op for $2.2 million. The couple already owns a 3,300-square-foot, ninth-floor unit, which they purchased in 2010 for $6.5 million.
According to real estate blog The Real Deal, the couple’s new, additional residence is a two-bedroom, two-bathroom unit in the Upper East Side building, which is located on 72nd Street. Whether the couple plans on combining the units to create a two-story home is unclear.
ABC announced last week that it had renewed the anchor’s deal beyond the standard three-year TV news contracts, and the couple apparently lost little time in expanding their real estate holdings as well. Stephanopoulos, who joined GMA in 2009, is reportedly searching for another Hamptons home with Wentworth after they sold their 4,500-square-foot East Hampton spread for $5.1 million in 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day