- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first episode of Girls Season 4, Iowa, finds our quirky quartet just as lost and flailing as last season, even if some appearances are to the contrary. Yes, Hannah (Lena Dunham) is still headed to the Iowa Writer’s Workshop, but before she goes she has a sad boyfriend to say good-bye to (“the plan is no plan,” he tells her. How reassuring.) as well as an angry, shit-calling Jessa (Jemima Kirke) to contend with. Meanwhile Marnie (Allison Williams), Eddie Bauer model though she may be, has now also become a back-door mistress, and a barely graduated Shoshanna (Zosia Mamet) has such stalled prospects that she makes even Ray look like Jay-Z.
Join THR staffers Erin Weinger, Rebecca Sun, Tiare Dunlap and Jessie Katz as we dive back into group therapy over painful jazz brunches, millennial stupidity and which character is the true embodiment of DGAF (hint: she ain’t no girl.)
And hey – Natasha Lyonne, guys. Natasha. Motherf–king. Lyonne. To not mention her here would be unconscionable.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
valentine's day gift guide