- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s no place like Iowa! The green lawns… the shiny bicycles… the narcissism!
“The narcissism?” you may say. “But that’s not a Midwestern value!” Nope, folks, it isn’t – but it’s a Horvath value, and Hannah is crop dusting gallons of it over the heads of her University of Iowa classmates, be it in the writers workshop, the bookstore or the keg party. This week’s episode is called Triggering and it served as one giant emotional trigger for this week’s Girls on Girls panel, Tiare Dunlap, Rebecca Sun and Jessie Katz.
With welcome appearances by Desiree Akhavan, Marin Ireland and Brooks Wheelan, there are just enough life rafts in this episode to keep us afloat amid the deluge of Hannah’s self-aggrandizing, but Lord, are the waters getting choppy.
And in a mostly-Hannah bottle-esque episode, thank goodness for Elijah’s party-crashing presence — even if he did spend most of it facilitating some corn-fed freshman’s sexual awakening.
Listen to the full episode of Girls on Girls here and be sure to subscribe to #THRpodcasts on iTunes for all the latest episodes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day