- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Four months after the Australian-born Yael Stone moved to New York, she was cast in one of the hottest shows on television.
“In that amount of time I did discover I’m a pretty bad waitress,” she admitted to #pretapodcasts about that short but uncertain period before Jenji Kohan anointed her to play the delusionally romantic inmate Lorna Morello, whose character shocked audiences in season two when we learned that *spoiler alert* her “fiance” was actually just a stranger she had been stalking.
“I was shocked at the extent that she went to, but I wasn’t shocked that she wasn’t what we thought she was,” said Stone.
And how would she summarize her experience from first setting foot in the Big Apple until now?
“Move to America, become a waitress, suck at that, get married, get this amazing, amazing job and then begin work like a week later.”
“I feel really, really lucky,” she added. “It’s quite a surreal experience.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day