- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are officially uncoupling after the actress filed for divorce.
Paltrow cited irreconcilable differences for the breakup of her marriage to Martin after more than 11 years.
In her filing Monday, the actress writes that the couple separated in May 2013.
Paltrow and the Coldplay frontman were married in December 2003 and have two children together. Paltrow is seeking joint custody.
In March 2014, the pair announced they were separating and undergoing a process called “conscious uncoupling.”
The announcement on Paltrow’s lifestyle website, Goop, drew attention to the term. It was coined by Los Angeles therapist and author Katherine Woodward Thomas, who has created a five-step “Conscious Uncoupling” online process.
Paltrow won an Oscar for her role in Shakespeare in Love. Martin and his band have won six Grammy Awards.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day