- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The God of Thunder and the Girl on Fire top the list of most popular movie-inspired Halloween costumes this year, according to a new survey.
After surveying thousands of people, Fandango found that the top costume for men this year will be Thor, while women will be dressing as Katniss from The Hunger Games.
For groups, Hunger Games again takes the top spot, while children will be doing their best to imitate the Despicable Me minions.
The timing makes sense for Thor and The Hunger Games to top the list, with both the sequels hitting theaters in November. Disney and Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World starring Chris Hemsworth opens on Nov. 8. Fandango also has announced that 3D screenings of the Thor sequel will be preceded by a special extended look at Captain America: Winter Soldier in theaters. Other popular male costumes include Superman, Iron Man and Ron Burgundy from Anchorman 2.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, which sees the return of stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, opens in theaters on Nov. 22. The story follows Katniss (Lawrence) and Peeta (Hutcherson) as they are pulled back into the deadly games while unrest grows in their dystopian society. Other popular female costumes include Theodora from Oz: The Great and Powerful and Effie Trinket, also a character in The Hunger Games.
Below, Fandango’s complete findings from its Halloween costume survey.
Top 2013 Movie-Inspired Costumes for Men:
1. Thor (Thor: The Dark World) 21%
2. Superman (Man of Steel) 13%
3. Iron Man (Iron Man 3) 13%
4. Ron Burgundy (Anchorman 2) 11%
5. Irving Zisman (Jackass Presents Bad Grandpa) 9%
Top 2013 Movie-Inspired Costumes for Women:
1. Katniss (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire) 41%
2. Theodora – the Wicked Witch of the West (Oz: The Great and Powerful) 11%
3. Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire) 10%
4. Daisy Buchanan (The Great Gatsby) 7%
5. Hit-Girl (Kick-Ass 2) 6%
Top 2013 Movie-Inspired Team Costumes:
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire cast 27%
2. The Great Gatsby flappers 14%
3. Oz: The Great and Powerful witch-sisters 13%
4. Anchorman 2 news team 11%
5. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug cast 9%
Top 2013 Movie-Inspired Costumes for Kids:
1. Minion (Despicable Me 2) 32%
2. Mike Wazowski (Monsters University) 10%
3. Smurfette (The Smurfs 2) 9%
4. Sully (Monsters University) 9%
5. Thor (Thor: The Dark World) 8%
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day