- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Los Angeles coroner’s office is investigating skeletal remains that were found Tuesday in the Hollywood Hills, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The decomposed human remains were found by a hiker at 3:45 p.m. in a wash along a wilderness trail, Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson Jack Richter stated.
Investigators are in the process of exhuming the body to determine the identity and are continuing to search the area for personal effects.
Richter says this is not a murder investigation, although no details are yet known of the cause of death. The gender has not been determined, and it is not yet clear if the full skeleton has been uncovered.
The skeleton was discovered two blocks from the home of Andrew Getty, grandson of oil baron J. Paul Getty.
Andrew was found dead in his home Tuesday at the age of 47, but the skeleton is not related to his death, according to Richter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day