- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ian McKellen will reprise some of his most famous roles —including Gandalf — this summer.
Over nine nights at London’s intimate Park Theatre, the stage and screen icon will perform the exclusive one-man show Shakespeare, Tolkien, Others & You in which he will retread moments from a career spanning five decades, while also discussing his work with other actors and directors and offering audiences the opportunity to ask questions and even participate onstage.
“I’m performing at Park Theatre to help raise funds for the charity,” said McKellen. “In a short time the theater has established itself on both the theatrical and local maps. But with no public subsidy for core costs they need to bring in donations of around £250,000 ($311,000) every year just to keep the doors open.”
McKellen added that the money raised via the higher ticket prices for Shakespeare, Tolkien, Others & You would support Park Theatre’s “core ambition of producing accessible theater throughout the coming years and furthering their work with the local community.”
Shakespeare, Tolkien, Others & You will run July 3-9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day