- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Silverton was named outstanding chef, which is presented to “a working chef in America whose career has set national industry standards and who has served as an inspiration to other food professionals.”
Her honor comes four months after The Hollywood Reporter ranked Pizzeria Mozza, which is located at 641 N. Highland Ave., at No. 12 on its 2014 Power Lunch rankings of the top 25 restaurants in L.A. (It jumped seven spots from the previous year.)
The spot, which has been packed since it opened in 2006, is frequented by Fox 21 president Bert Salke, manager-producer Chris Bender, investor Phil Rosenthal, Shine America CEO Rich Ross, Steven Spielberg and Kathy Griffin, among other industry names.
Meanwhile, the only other L.A.-based chef honored at the awards ceremony was pastry chef and author Sherry Yard (one of six in the category Who’s Who of Food and Beverage in America).
The honors were presented Monday night at New York’s Lincoln Center. A complete list of winners can be found here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day