- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jamie Foxx became a real-life hero Monday night.
After a driver crashed his truck close to the actor’s home, Foxx called 911 and ran to help, pulling the man out of the vehicle that had just caught on fire. The driver was identified by ABC7 as Brett Kyle.
Kyle was speeding down a road in Hidden Valley outside Los Angeles when he crashed, according to ABC7. The truck rolled over several times before catching fire.
Foxx told ABC7 that he heard the crash and ran outside to help after calling the police. The actor and another man helped to rescue the driver, using EMT scissors to cut Kyle’s seatbelt off before pulling him out of the truck.
“Your son’s a fighter,” Foxx told Brad Kyle, the driver’s father, in the interview.
“He’s got two sisters and a brother,” said Kyle’s father. “They would have lost their brother if it wasn’t for him.”
Watch the news clip below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day