- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Dec. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Ted Turner might still be Jane Fonda‘s favorite ex-husband, but the busy actress wasn’t able to attend Turner’s big 75th birthday bash in Atlanta on Nov. 23 — where Al Gore, Turner Broadcasting CEO Phil Kent, Colorado environmentalist and Turner date Sally Ranney, Spanx founder Sara Blakely and 600 other guests (including Turner’s five children and 13 grandchildren) were entertained by Jay Leno and got framed shots of them with Ted as parting gifts.
Surprising, considering Fonda was the life of the party at Turner’s last birthday extravaganza, his 70th. (He attended her 70th as well.) Turns out she had priors, so the former happily-marrieds and apparently happier-divorcees celebrated privately the week before. “He knew she had a ton of travel and couldn’t attend — and he also knows she loves him,” a Fonda insider tells THR.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day