- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jay Z is introducing a new high-end champagne from his beloved Armand de Brignac. Back in 2014, He took ownership of the company and helped bring Ace of Spades to popularity in the hip-hop world.
“Jay is a very strong businessman, certainly one that likes to understand what consumers want and here to build the business for the long term,” Armand’s chief executive officer Sebastien Besson told Bloomberg. “He always has a few bottles on hand for a celebration, I know that for sure.”
The upcoming edition of Armand champagne is being called Blanc de Noirs Assemblage Two, aka A2, and is scheduled to hit retailers in the U.S. on April 18. According to reports, the $850-per-bottle bubbly features pinot noir grapes picked from the 2008, 2009 and 2010 vintages — with a “refreshing flavor.”
Under Jay Z’s watch, the company has introduced three new champagne editions, including the A2’s younger brother, the A1 — which costs $760. For its initial release, only 2,333 bottles of A2 will be available for the general public.
This article was originally published on VIBE.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day