- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Power dining is back across Los Angeles, and that includes the Beverly Hills Hotel’s Polo Lounge, where, on a recent May afternoon, it looked like business as usual. Jennifer Lopez arrived with longtime manager Benny Medina, while legal eagle Robert Shapiro broke bread nearby. But the sighting that had insiders raising their eyebrows was Jeffrey Katzenberg.
The mogul was among the first big names to boycott the hotel over the anti-gay politics of its owner, the Sultan of Brunei, in 2014. The Katzenberg-spearheaded Motion Picture & Television Fund’s Night Before gala — held at the hotel for years — subsequently found a new home. Since then, Katzenberg has been spotted there by THR sources on only one other occasion, Kirk Douglas’ 100th birthday lunch in 2017.
But don’t call it a sign his boycott is officially over: A Katzenberg rep tells THR that he had a business meeting there, but his appearance has no bearing on the Night Before event.
This story first appeared in the June 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day