- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The gala, which will take place on June 24 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, aims to connect attendees with people served by the non-profit group The Thirst Project.
During the gala, talent producer Krissy Lindquist will receive the Volunteer Award; actress Bella Thorne will receive the pioneering Spirit Award; and education company Follett will receive the Vision Award, for making education easily accessible.
The Thirst Project is teaming with Relativity for a campaign tied to the studio’s family film Echo to Earth, which centers on a group of friends who receive a distress signal on their phones from an alien in need of help.
The joint campaign tied to the film encourages people to text the word ECHO to 51555, followed by a message of encouragement to someone without safe, clean drinking water. Relativity’s Earth to Echo will donate money to build wells, and messages from the texts will be installed on murals on the wells.
The Thirst Project is a youth water activism organization that builds freshwater wells in developing nations and impoverished communities. According to the group, Nearly 1 billion people do not have access to clean water.
For more information, visit www.thirstproject.org.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Taraji P. Henson