- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jessica Barrymore, daughter of John Drew Barrymore and half-sister of actress Drew Barrymore, has died. She was 47.
Jessica was found dead in her parked vehicle in National City, Calif., at 6:05 a.m. on July 29, according to the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office.
The cause of death has yet to be determined and further details have not been released. Jessica, who was divorced, would have turned 48 on July 31.
John Drew Barrymore — an actor whose credits included Gunsmoke and Rawhide — was married four times, all of which ended in divorce. He died in 2004 after struggling with substance issues. Jessica’s mom was actress Nina Wayne.
Drew Barrymore, 39, released a statement to The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday: “Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible, and I’m so incredibly sorry for their loss.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day