- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedian Jim Gaffigan says his wife and writing partner, Jeannie Gaffigan, is recovering after surgery to remove a serious brain tumor.
Jim Gaffigan said on his social media pages Monday that two weeks ago an MRI revealed that Jeannie Gaffigan had a large, life-threatening tumor around her brain stem. He says that after nine hours of urgent surgery the tumor was completely removed, and she’s now recovering at home.
Jeannie Gaffigan posted on Instagram, “I’m coming back! Thanks for your prayers. I’m alive!”
The 50-year-old Jim Gaffigan is among the most popular stand-up comics in the country, and Jeannie Gaffigan both co-writes his material and produces his TV specials. She was also producer and writer on The Jim Gaffigan Show, his sitcom that ran for two seasons on the TV Land cable network.
The two have five children together.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
New York Issue 2022