- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The couple reportedly began dating last summer and wed this past weekend.
The nuptials come more than a year after Foster’s headline-making acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award at the Golden Globes in January 2013.
The actress thanked ex-partner of 20 years, Cydney Bernard, with whom she has two sons, during her emotional acceptance speech, which many interpreted to be an indirect way of publicly coming out.
“I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age,” she said, adding: “But now I’m told, apparently, that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference, a fragrance and a primetime reality show.… No, I’m sorry, that’s just not me. It never was and it never will be.”
Foster most recently starred in Elysium opposite Matt Damon.
Hedison was previously in a relationship with Ellen DeGeneres before the pair split in 2004. She also appeared in Showtime’s lesbian drama The L Word for three seasons.
E! News was the first to report the couple’s wedding.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day