- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Julia Louis-Dreyfus is set to be among a list of speakers including Dave Eggers, J.J. Abrams, B.J. Novak, Miranda July and Thandie Newton at the upcoming Tell Me a Story charity event being held in LA on June 16.
The evening, to be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, is set to mark the U.S. debut of the U.K.’s popular Letters Live series, which looks to celebrate the power of literary correspondence by having authentic letters from noteworthy subjects read out live.
An initiative of publishing company Canongate alongside Benedict Cumberbatch‘s production company SunnyMarch, the U.K. events have been running since 2013, featuring readers including Cumberbatch, Ian McKellen and Gillian Anderson.
The Tell Me a Story event in LA is being run in support of Eggers‘ 826LA nonprofit organization aimed at assisting youth literacy. The guests will read from the book Letters of Note by Shaun Usher, which includes correspondences penned by the likes of Kurt Vonnegut, Queen Elizabeth, Groucho Marx and a 10-year-old Fidel Castro. Aimee Mann will perform music on the night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day