- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An actor best known for a small role in Jurassic Park is in custody for allegedly kidnapping and sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl.
Cameron Thor was charged on Wednesday with 11 counts, including kidnapping, robbery and rape, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. He appeared at the Van Nuys Courthouse on Thursday and is being held on $2.6 million bail.
Thor has worked as an acting coach at Carter Thor Studio, located in Studio City, and officials say the alleged victim consulted with him about taking classes in 2008 when she was 13. After one of the consultations, Thor allegedly drove her to a secluded area in Agoura Hills and sexually assaulted her.
The website for Carter Thor Studio has been taken down, but a cached version says Thor, 54, is married to its co-founder, Alice Carter. The website says it has in the past hosted “vibrant talks” from guest speakers such as Sharon Stone and David Fincher. The studio offers classes for teens.
In Jurassic Park, Thor played Lewis Dodgson, who made a deal with Dennis Nedry (Seinfeld‘s Wayne Knight) to purchase dinosaur embryos. His other credits include A Few Good Men, Hook and two episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
A call to Thor’s acting studio was not returned.