- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting is taking back her recent comments about not relating feminism.
In a Redbook interview, the 29-year-old Big Bang Theory star was asked whether she considers herself a feminist.
Read more ‘Big Bang Theory’ Goes Lego
“Is it bad if I say no?” she replied. “It’s not really something I think about. Things are different now, and I know a lot of the work that paved the way for women happened before I was around.”
“I was never that feminist girl demanding equality, but maybe that’s because I’ve never really faced inequality,” she said.
She added that she enjoys cooking for husband Ryan Sweeting five nights a week because it makes her “feel like a housewife.” The couple celebrated their one-year anniversary on New Year’s Eve.
After Twitter users criticized her comments, she took to Instagram to do a bit of backpedaling.
“I’m completely blessed and grateful that strong women have paved the way for my success along with many others,” she posted on Jan. 1. “I apologize if anyone was offended. Anyone that truly knows me, knows my heart and knows what I meant.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day