- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A kayaker in Malibu was bitten by a shark on Saturday, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The attack occurred near Deer Creek Beach, and the victim was a 25-year-old male who was about a mile offshore, according to Ventura County Fire Capt. Ron Oatman.
Oatman told THR that the victim, who was with another kayaker at the time, was dangling his feet in the water when the bite occurred. The shark’s bite caused a “pretty good lacertion to the top of the person’s foot,” and then the shark moved on, Oatman added.
The victim was transported by a nearby fishing boat to the beach before being taken to Los Robles Hospital in Thousand Oaks for treatment.
The shark was a 10-foot hammerhead, and Malibu-area beaches remained open following the attack, according to CBS2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day