- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kristen Bell has a solution for all your workplace woes: women.
In a parody advertisement video for Pinksourcing, a faux company that touts “pretty, cheap labor” as its slogan, Bell mocks the wage gap between men and women by advocating for companies to hire women for low pay.
“Is your company looking to maximize their output while cutting back on costs? Why outsource all your production to faraway countries like India, China and Narnia, when we have the cheapest and best work force right here in the good ol‘ U.S. of A. — women,” the actress says while pacing around an office of working women. “With Pinksourcing, women are a bargain at the workplace since you only have to pay them 77 cents on the dollar.”
The actress reasons that women never forget birthdays, always supply offices with baked goods and “smell nice.”
“And ladies, who cares if you make $30,000 less than men at your job when they have free tampons in the bathroom?” she asks.
The video is the first in The Huffington Post‘s new series “Celebs Have Issues,” which will see celebrities raise awareness for various social issues. Watch the parody below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day