- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lena Dunham took to Twitter to announce her support of the Supreme Court of the United States’ ruling allowing abortion clinics in Texas to remain open.
“We love you SCOTUS oh yes we do!” tweeted Dunham. “Choice for Texas!!!”
On Monday, the Supreme Court banned Texas from enforcing new abortion standards in the state that would have closed 10 abortion clinics. In a 5-4 vote, the justices allowed the clinics to stay open even if they do not meet the new regulations a federal appeals court said they must adhere to.
We love you SCOTUS oh yes we do! Choice for Texas!!!
— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) June 29, 2015
This stay is temporary until SCOTUS decides whether or not it will hear the clinics’ full appeal of the 2013 law.
The Supreme Court has ruled on multiple landmark cases in the past week, including protecting the Affordable Care Act and declaring same-sex marriage bans unconstitutional. Should the justices decide to take on this abortion case, it would make for another landmark decision.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day