- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LeVar Burton has no problem reading irreverent stories, but you don’t have to take our word for it.
The Reading Rainbow host and education advocate read the best-selling children’s book Go the F— to Sleep for podcast Rooster Teeth‘s charity drive.
The reading was part of a 24-hour Extra Life stream that raised over $442,000 for Children’s Miracle Network hospitals.
Go the F— to Sleep, written by Adam Mansbach and illustrated by Ricardo Cortes, was released in 2011. Samuel L. Jackson narrated the audiobook version, while Ken Marino and Erica Oyama have been hired to script the film adaptation.
Burton can soon be seen endorsing books of a more family-friendly variety, as a Kickstarter campaign earlier this year helped raise over $5 million to revive the show.
Video of Burton reading the book can be seen below.
23454 posters sold & $243,030 in donations. $442,389 total raised. Words escape us. Thank you, RT Community and friends. #RTExtraLife
— Rooster Teeth (@RoosterTeeth) October 26, 2014
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day