- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox Business Network anchor Lou Dobbs on Thursday apologized for tweeting out the personal information of Jessica Leeds, who claims presidential candidate Donald Trump touched her without consent. Leeds and another woman, Rachel Crooks, both told The New York Times that the GOP nominee touched them inappropriately years ago.
According to the Associated Press, Dobbs retweeted an article about Leeds’ accusations along with her home address and phone number. The link, which was not a New York Times article, has now been deleted and Dobbs later tweeted an apology.
Dobbs retweeted a Politico article about his initial tweet and added, “My Retweet, My Mistake, My Apology to Jessica Leeds Lou Dobbs tweets Trump accuser’s address and phone #.”
— Lou Dobbs (@LouDobbs) October 13, 2016
CNNMoney reports that the link Dobbs retweeted went to a conservative news website article claiming that a number believed to be Leeds’ contact info had the same first six digits of the Clinton Foundation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day