- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A luxury yacht owned by singer Marc Anthony partially sank in Biscayne Bay after it was engulfed by a massive blaze that took 45 firefighters nearly two hours to extinguish. No one was injured.
The 120-foot boat was docked off Miami’s MacArthur Causeway at the Island Gardens Marina when it caught fire Wednesday night, fire officials said.
Island Gardens Marina spokeswoman Nataly Tovar confirmed the boat belonged to the famous salsa artist. Two crewmembers were on board at the time of the fire, but they were able to get off safely and were not injured, the Miami fire department said in a news release. Their identities were not released.
The Miami and Miami-Dade fire departments worked to contain the blaze. They used fireboats to douse the flames.
The boat was partially underwater, but no other vessels were damaged, the Miami Herald quoted Miami Fire Rescue Capt. Ignatius Carroll as saying. Flames could be seen from downtown Miami late Wednesday.
It wasn’t clear what caused the blaze.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day