- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Zuckerberg and wife Priscilla Chan are adding another baby girl to their family.
On Thursday the Facebook CEO wrote that he and Chan are expecting a second child. The couple, who met as students at Harvard University and wed in 2012, welcomed their first daughter, Max, in 2015.
At the time, the pair revealed that Chan had faced challenges conceiving and suffered three miscarriages before having Max.
“After our difficult experience having Max, we weren’t sure what to expect or whether we’d be able to have another child. When Priscilla and I first found out she was pregnant again, our first hope was that the child would be healthy,” Zuckerberg shared in a Facebook post. “My next hope was that it would be a girl. I cannot think of a greater gift than having a sister, and I’m so happy Max and our new child will have each other.”
Zuckerberg, who grew up with three sisters of his own, added, “We are all better people because of the strong women in our lives — sisters, mothers and friends. We can’t wait to welcome our new little one and do our best to raise another strong woman.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day