- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A month after listing his Malibu pad for $17.5 million, Mel Gibson has slashed the price of the Carbon Mesa Road hillside home by $1 million.
The gated five-bedroom, 4.5-bathroom, 6,600-square-foot home sits on a secluded 5.5-acre property that offers views of the Pacific Ocean and multiple outdoor living areas. The main house has a strong Old World theme and a mix of medieval design inspiration and rustic charm. The master suite has exposed ceiling beams, weathered wood flooring and a stone fireplace.
In addition to the main house, the property also has a detached guesthouse and a separate pool house, which doubles as a gym. Several stone archways dot the property, along with the living room. There are two pools, including a full regulation lap pool to go with a private sundeck.
Gibson bought the property in 2008 for $11.5 million, according to previous reports.
Damon Skelton and Britt Elizondo of Compass have the $16.5 million listing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day