- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lupus L.A. ambassador Michael B. Jordan has agreed to host MBJam17 at the Ritz-Carlton Marina del Rey on Sept. 16.
The actor will be joined by special guest and Los Angeles Clippers star Blake Griffin, along with master of ceremonies Terrence J, formerly of E! News.
The inaugural event — a benefit for Lupus L.A., the local nonprofit healthcare organization which serves those living with lupus and their families — will welcome athletes, artists, families and kids for a courtside carnival featuring basketball-themed entertainment, clinics and interactive displays. All funds raised will benefit Lupus L.A.’s three core values: supporting medical research, providing patient services and programs and promoting advocacy and awareness.
“This event is to celebrate the strength of my mother, Donna Jordan, who thrives with Lupus as a result of the incredible services provided to her by Lupus L.A.,” Jordan said in a statement. “I hope MBJam will raise awareness for those suffering with lupus and help us take steps towards finding a cure.
More information about the event can be found here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day