- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Keaton must know the blueprints of New York’s St. James Theatre quite well after having filmed long takes for the Oscar-winning Birdman in the backstage halls, and just about everywhere else.
But just in case there’s anything he missed, the Spotlight star could’ve doubled down the halls on Nov. 8 when he stopped by the theater for a matinee showing of Something Rotten!
But he didn’t have Birdman on the brain — Keaton was there to catch the musical that co-stars his Spotlight colleague, actor Brian d’Arcy James. He snapped a pic with the stars, and sources said he congratulated the cast on their Sunday performance.
The musical comedy — based on the book by John O’Farrell and Karey Kirkpatrick with music and lyrics by Karey and Wayne Kirkpatrick — is set in 1595 and follows brothers Nick and Nigel who are attempting to find success in theater while competing with William Shakespeare.
Meanwhile, Keaton’s Spotlight is generating Oscar buzz. He stars alongside Mark Ruffalo, Rachel McAdams, Stanley Tucci, Liev Schreiber, Billy Crudup and James in the Thomas McCarthy-directed story following the team of Boston Globe journalists who covered the Massachusetts Catholic sex abuse scandal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day