- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology says it is looking into allegations of sexual misconduct against author Junot Diaz.
A spokeswoman for the university in Cambridge, Massachusetts, didn’t immediately comment Wednesday on the status of the inquiry.
MIT said earlier this week it doesn’t tolerate sexual harassment but that it also strives to protect the rights of both the accusers and accused.
Diaz is a Pulitzer Prize-winning author and creative writing professor at the school.
The Cambridge Public Library also announced Wednesday it has canceled its annual Summer Reading Kick-Off featuring Diaz. It had been slated for May 16.
Author Zinzi Clemmons on Friday took to Twitter to say that Diaz forcibly kissed her several years ago. Other female writers also shared their encounters with Diaz on social media. Diaz has said he takes responsibility for his past.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day